Bharat Ke Veer
NIC eGov Mobile Apps Version
August 7, 2019 Requirements
5.0 and up
The brave soldiers of the Central Armed Police Forces (Cap) fight a daily battle to safeguard India’s external and internal security. Protecting the hostile borders in the west with Pakistan and in the north and east with China; and facing the threats generated by the militants in Jammy and Kashmir, an insurgency in the north-east; and Maoist extremists in central and east India, to keep us safe. One soldier loses his/her life every third day and one is permanently incapacitated.
Bharat KE Veer mobile app is an initiative for the citizens to pay homage to the Brave hearts in Central Armed Police Forces who laid down their lives in the line of duty. Using this app, individuals can contribute directly into the bank accounts of the brave heart’s kin, or to the “Bharat KE Veer” corpus.
To ensure maximum coverage, a cap of 15 lakhs is envisaged per brave heart and the donor would be alerted if the amount exceeds Rs 15 lakhs, so that they can choose to either decrease their contribution or divert part of the donation to another brave heart’s account, or the “Bharat KE Veer” corpus.
“Bharat KE Veer” corpus would be managed by a committee made up of eminent persons of repute and senior government officials, in equal number, who would decide to disburse the fund equitably to the brave heart’s family on need basis. There is no limit to contribute to “Bharat KE Veer” corpus.
Payments through this app are powered by State Bank of India
The Caps under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, comprising the following forces :
1. Assam Rifles (AR) engaged in border guarding along the Indo-Myanmar border, as well as in counter-insurgency operations in the North East.
2. Border Security Force (BSF) guards India’s borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh and is also deployed for anti-insurgency operations.
3. Central Industrial Security Force (CSF) provides security to the key sectors including Airports, Metro systems, important industries in the public and private Sector, heritage monuments, Government buildings and security to protected persons.
4. Central Reserve Police Force (RPF) is the primary force for internal security including antenatal operations, counter-insurgency duties in J&K and North East, and Law & Order problems.
5. Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITB) guards India’s borders with China. Specially trained to operate in high altitude mountainous terrain, it is also engaged in internal security duties from time to time.
6. National Disaster Response Force (NDF) is for a specialized response to natural and man-made disasters, saving lives and livelihood and prepares communities in disaster resilience and disaster risk reduction.
7. National Security Guard (NSW) is a Special Force mandated to conduct counter-terrorist, counter-hijack, and hostage-rescue operations as well as provide `mobile security’ to designated protected.
8. Sahara Seems Ball (SSB) with the motto of “Service Security Brotherhood” is primarily mandated to guard India’s borders with Nepal and Bhutan. The force is also performing internal security duties and is deployed to deal with LWE / Counter-insurgency in many states.
Updated Certificate Attached