Meteogram Weather Widget – Donate version
Benny Wydooghe Version
August 18, 2019 Requirements
4.0 and up
Mammogram Weather Widget is a weather app showing the weather in a very detailed way at a glance on your home screen. While a lot of weather apps are showing the weather forecast in a rather basic way, this app does that by visualizing the forecast in a so-called mammogram. Doing so shows you a much better overview of when exactly rain will fall, the sun will be shining, when it will become cloudy…
The focus of the app consists of showing the mammogram on a small home screen widget (e.g. a 4×1 widget). Even while the widget does not occupy that much space on the home screen, it still manages to show the forecast in a very clear way. Simply add a widget on your home screen, specify your location (or let the widget automatically determine your location) and the weather forecast appears on your home screen.
The meteor shows the temperature and expected precipitation for the complete forecast period. Besides those weather elements, the wind speed, wind direction, and air pressure can also be visualized on the mammogram. The user has all the freedom to customize how the mammogram should look like.
• Temperature, precipitation, wind, and pressure
• Cloudiness / clearness indication
• Short term forecast (next 24 or 48 hours)
• Short term forecast for the next 5 days
• Lots of user settings: colors, weather elements, …
Features exclusively available in Donate version:
• Widget providing a long term forecast (next 10 days)
• Show humidity percentage
• Show sunrise and sunset
• Show wind vane for wind direction
• Better (temperature) graph visualization (f.e. color the graph in blue when the temperature falls below freezing, custom line thickness and style, …)
• Show moon phase
• Show wind chill
• Feature allowing you to save current settings as default settings
• Forecast.IO as weather provider as in-app subscription
• For United States only: NOAA as weather provider
About the weather forecast data
All thanks to MET.NO (The Norwegian Meteorological Institute) for offering the weather forecast data (notice that for the long term forecast period, one of the best weather models – ECM WF – is used by MET.NO).
For locations in the United States, NOAA is offered as short term weather provider.
NOTE: the weather provider Forecast.IO can be bought as in-app subscription. It offers worldwide hourly forecast data for the short term.
And finally …
• Contact me if you have suggestions, remarks, issues… ([email protected]).
• The app is optimized for use on smartphones.
Fix weather icons (wrong transition between day and night).
Some minor internal improvements.
In case of any questions, leave me an email ([email protected]). Thanks!